Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Oh, What Do You Do In The Summertime?

Oh, what do you do in the summertime
When all the world is green?


Do you feed ducks in a stream
Or lazily dream by a friend
Watching clouds go by?
***
Do you swim in a pool,
Act too cool for school,
Or swing on a swing up high?
***
Do you play at the park,
Stay up until dark,
Or count all the stars in the sky?
***
Do you sit near the smoke,
Roasting food that you poke,
Or try to catch Fireflies?
***
Do you read books inside,
On a horse have a ride,
Or dress like a butterfly?
***
Do you go to the sea,
Get stung by a bee
Or catch bubbles that float up high?
***
Is that what you do? So do I!
* Changes in lyrics made by me to fit our summer happenings. Each line has a corresponding picture. I hope your summer is filled with a lot of fun things.
** I decided not to include some of the things we do that we could not post appropriate rhymes -- for short example "Grow gardens of grass... " I figured we has enough pictures already. :)

3 Awesome Reactions:

Susan R. Mills said...

I love the pictures! This post reminded me to get out and enjoy the summer. Before I know it, it will be cold again, and we'll be locked up by the fireplace!

Kristina P. said...

You are so clever! Love the poem and the pictures.

Cranberryfries said...

Oh happy summer. You guys have been staying busy.