Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I Love to Laugh - I Hate to Lose

Last night was hubby's night to fix dinner. So on our way to the restaurant he still hasn't decided where we are going to eat. He solution? "Let's play rock, paper, scissors. If I win we go to Panera; if you win we go to Senor Fox." (Those were both his choices; I was indifferent.)

I kindly remind him that this game never works for us, because we ALWAYS pick the same thing. Flipping a coin would be much faster. However, I humor him (and myself). How many rounds of Rock, Paper, Scissors in a row can you and your partner pick the same thing? Well last night we kept it up for 8 rounds.

That is one heck of a streak. I laughed so hard; I cried. Each round made me laugh harder. This happens everytime we play the game against one another. I think for date night this week you should try to beat out record without cheating. And try not to laugh too hard.

In case you were wondering; he won. :( But that was okay. Dinner was great, and I got a good laugh out of the experience. I guess we both won. (I will keep telling myself that anyhow.)

7 Awesome Reactions:

Susan R. Mills said...

My husband always wins! It just isn't fair. I told you, I've never won anything.

Becca said...

My husband and I share a brain. It's frightening. (And he usually gets it during daylight hours.) We always say the same things - if we're quoting movies or something. But I'm cleverer by far. Just so you know. I need you to know.

:)

Meagan Brooks said...

Amber,
Paul looks great on that rock! :P Funny story!

Amber Lynae said...

Lazy Writer _ I will be having some more contests in the future on my blog stay tuned. And just think you were the first to comment on my post today that definitely deserves a round of applause. (not much of a prize though.)

Becca - I love your profile photo by the way I think that every time I see it. I understand sharing a brain. We women are very clever. I am sure you are cleverer by far. :)

Meagan - there is something very animalistic about him on top of that rock. I like it. ;P

The Crash Test Dummy said...

hee hee I like that story!

Cranberryfries said...

Awesome. That is a pretty great streak. I love that it's 'hubby's night to fix dinner' so you go out. Classic. :)

Anonymous said...

I too love the fact that hubby takes you out to dinner on his day to cook! That is totally classic.