Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wednesday French Inspiration



How many emotions can you feel at once? I think it is possible to feel an entire symphony of emotions. When you are learning something new it can be both frightening and exhilarating.

When visiting Marseilles, we took a day trip down to Cassies a beautiful French town off the coast of the Mediterranean. A small group of school kids were also enjoying a field trip to the beach. They were taken out on water in small boats all attached. The children could operate the rudders, but ultimately they were being pulled by the leaders. (As a parent I think I may be a little apprehensive about allowing my child to go on this field trip, I am a bit of a hover. Of course my first and only child is only 2 so that may have some to do with my doubts.) Being on the open sea, can be scary, exciting, freeing, and so much more.

Watching the children, brought to mind a lot of situations in life in which it is so important to have a little guidance. When beginning a new project or hobby, it takes time to learn. Having guidance and boundaries is key. But eventually you will have to go out with all your knowledge. You must find your own way.

Are you ready to take off your training wheels?

0 Awesome Reactions: