Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wednesday French Inspiration


Psyche Revived by Cupid's Kiss photographed by Hubby's Uncle


I am in love with sculpted art. You may have noticed by the number of previous Wednesday posts that have sculptures. There is something so beautiful about how the artists can create so much life and emotion out of a lifeless, shapeless piece of marble. I could spend happy days wandering through the Greek, Etruscan, and Roman Antiquities Collection at the Louvre. Each piece tells a story, and I LOVE to be told stories.

Pictured above is the story of Cupid and Psyche. Ordered by his mother, Venus, to use his Golden arrow so that the dangerously beautiful Psyche would fall in love with a vile creature. Bond by his mother's orders, Cupid goes to fulfill his duty, but ends up scratching himself on the arrow and falling for Psyche. The story takes some twists and turns (it is linked above). Let's just say Venus still never likes Psyche even though her son loves her and many issues arise. It really does seem like a fairytale story... I love fairytales.

I love to see the stories around me. You can find them all things. When I was home this past week, we were driving the roads that wind through the country side. I passed the same run down house several times. I wanted to stop and take a picture, but I never did. I could see a story in it. The house was no longer habitable. What had the years brought to that home that had left it so desolate.

Does your mind work like this? Do you see and wonder about the stories around you? Do you create your stories by the things that you see?




0 Awesome Reactions: