Wednesday, April 29, 2009

One Success

Random question before I start into what my post is meant to be about - does anyone else still use the little rhyme to spell success (S-U-C-C-E-S-S that's the way we spell success)? Ok maybe it is just me.

So I think I have mentioned before that my house has a way of eating electronics; the dvd's and cd's. If I haven't then I am certain that blogger has eaten the posts that I have typed about this. Anyhow, I have recently decided to add yet another project to the list of things I want to do.

List is as follows: write my book, refinish my kitchen table and bedroom dresser, grow a garden (other than the toys that seem to be popping up everywhere in my house), exercise, and of course the being a wife and mom stuff too.

My new desire is to learn how to use Adobe Creative Suite much better so I can do my digital scrapbooking this way. Unfortunately, once I made this decision and went searching for the cd tutorial that came with my software I had no idea what happened to the CD. I've been looking for weeks. Finally, I had decided that it was pointless and chalked it up to be missing with my Smallville and Lois and Clark dvd's (yes I am a HUGE Superman fan and yes my husband is Clark Kent/Superman - at least he is to me.) Well I checked out some books from the library to read and study along with my books on writing a book.

Note to self: If you read every how-to-book, you don't do the things you are trying to learn how to do.

Anyhow, I was working on the cleaning and organizing my house, part of my to do list, and I found my tutorial. So now I have a ton of materials to help me learn. Hopefully, I will be designing things in no time. I'm really excited. I just have about 5 books to get through to learn with first. :D But the biggest success was winning against the electronic eating goblins and getting my cd back.


2 Awesome Reactions:

Jenni James said...

hahhaha! I LOVE IT! Cute post... and I love how the toys were sprouting up. Cute! Jenni

Amber Lynae said...

Thanks, for stopping by and yes it is true the toys are definitely more aggressive than any weeds I've ever encountered. If anyone knows of a toy control method let me know.