Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesday French Inspiration



On the ceiling of Eglise Saint-Merri

I know it may look blurry but this piece of art is shown (I assume) as the artist intended.  It is housed in a church in the Marais district of Paris.  The church also houses the oldest bell in Paris The bell was cast in 1331.

 I maybe the only one, but I think the depiction of the face seems a little insane. Truth be told, I have a one track mind this week, and there was only one thing I could post about.  My sanity.  I'm trying REALLY hard to be sane.  I've heard the definition of insanity is-- doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.  Well, I have a goal to lose some of the weight I've gained over the past year.  Yet every attempt I make fails.  This would be due to the fact that every time I pass the chocolate or the bag of Doritos I think, "If I only sneak a taste this time I will be fine." And my taste turned into a whole eating binge, then I get all upset that I gave in and ate the food I shouldn't.  

So I'm trying to overcome my insanity and try something new.  Do you ever get stuck in a rut and let your insanity get the best of you?


 



6 Awesome Reactions:

Kristina P. said...

I am so with you on the weight loss. I really need to start exercising.

Becca said...

You know that part of the Word of Wisdom that talks about the "weak and weakest of saints"? That's me when it comes to food. I can go cold turkey off sugar, but when I allow myself a little taste (even jam or Spagetti sauce) I fall off the wagon completely. I am an all or nothing eater, and it is disturbing. I crave moderation.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I've gone completely insane this week. Not with eating (although I suck at that) but with life. I'd happily stay insane if it weren't so not-fun.

Lara Neves said...

I have now been off sugar for a month! But it will always be hard for me, I'm exactly like Becca up there above me. In fact, I made cookies yesterday and I just gave my three=year old one to eat. I am sitting here frantically eating dried apples to curb my sweet craving. I don't know if I'll ever be free of them.

And PS...that picture looks insane to me, too.

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Hi Amber!
I've given you the Lovely Blog Award! Come by and get it. :)

Jenni James said...

Odd picture to have in a cool old church.

And yeah, I was off sugar until it was my son's birthday... then my daughter's right after that.

So bout to go back off sugar, expect Valentine's Day and My birthday are coming in just a couple of weeks. LOL! Oh well, the important thing is step-by-step, right? At least that's what I hear.

Jenni