Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday French Inspiration


View from the Cour Napoléon of the Richelieu Wing Architecture

The Louvre started off as a palace and today is a museum.  But the art is more than just what the building houses.  The building is art itself.  I love this man sitting on the corner.  He looks so deep in thought.  It is a great reminder to me that we all need time to meditate and ponder our lives and the world around us.  

I have been thinking some lately (don't worry I try not to do that too often.)    The theme of my thoughts have been the difference between quitting and failingIf you had to be a failure or a quitter which would you choose? 

Since this a time of year when many are setting new goals, I thought this might be a good time to share this thought with you.  There is a misconception made by many that if one fails there is no more trying.  If you don't get your workout in one day or you eat something bad, then you abandon ship.  If you had a set word count but got distracted by email and facebook, then you ignore the keyboard again the next day.  If your marriage is lacking the luster of a new relationship, then you think there is never chance for happiness.  (You get my point.)  It is easy to fail and then quit.  But you don't have to be both a failure and a quitter.
 
If the race is on and you are in last place, wouldn't you rather cross that finish line knowing you gave it your all, than always know you quit?

So my thoughts as I look at the picture above is, even if you are a failure-- don't be a quitter.

If you have the time to stop and think, what are your thoughts today?

12 Awesome Reactions:

Kristina P. said...

I just give up before I start! It's easier that way. :)

Anonymous said...

My thougts today are those of gratitude. I'm filled with it today. So thank you, for the beautiful pictures and pensive post.

V. S said...

This post was inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Carolyn V. said...

Oooh! I love this! I totally want to be a failure. Wait that doesn't sound right. Well, you know what I mean. =)

Kasie West said...

My pride always tells me I'd rather be a quitter, but being a failure means at least I was trying. Yeah, it's true, we don't have to be both. Thanks for the inspiration. Love the pic too.

Amber Lynae said...

You gotta love the comments on a post when I tell people they should be a failure.....

Kristina - I think your way of doing things might need to be adopted. Just don't start anything and you won't have to quit.

LT - Gratitude is something we all could use more of. Thank you for your comment.

VS - You are welcome. I'm glad that you stopped by today.

Carolyn - I love your comment. I want to be a failure too... at least a failure who keeps going until I become a success.

Kasie - I agree I would rather know that I tried.

Christine said...

It's so much easier to quit than it is to fail. I'm glad I'm not a quitter. Great post. I'm glad to be a new follower. Love your blog.

Cami Checketts said...

Love this post, Amber. Here's to being a failure many times but never quitting!

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Hi Amber! If I had a choice to be a quitter or a failure, I would choose to be a failure. Life is wrought with so many choices and if one decides to quit--that door is closed to them unless they decide to dare a challenge with the chance of failing (if that chance is still available).

I was actually faced with a HUGE quit or fail situation 16 years ago. If I had decided to quit, I would NOT be here in Utah with my hubby and beautiful 4 kids.

My choice?

Start a new life. I was engaged for a year to a guy I wasn't sure I should marry. I wasn't happy at all with my life at the time. My brother extended an invitation to move in with him in Utah. It was a last minute thing. I had to make my choice right then and there because he was visiting for Christmas and he was leaving the next day!! AAA!!

I thought and prayed and fretted. But I closed my eyes and believed and leaped.

I am so ever grateful for taking the chance of failing in starting all over again in a strange city, state and job. A strange EVERYTHING.

One of my best choices ever!

Elizabeth Mueller said...

PS--It is hard to live with all the 'what ifs' if quitting.

Elana Johnson said...

Ooh, don't be a quitter. Excellent.

I remind myself that I can do hard things.

* said...

Love this, the picture, your thoughts, the inspiration to keep on.

My thoughts today are on life and death. My grandma passed away yesterday. While it was amazing and beautiful, it was a reminder to my family of the tenuous nature of life, and how close the spirit world really is. (shiver)