Monday, October 13, 2008

The Last Place!

Now I know that it doesn't make much sense to say that you found something in the last place you looked, because of course it is going to be in the last place you looked. How many people do you know that keep looking for something after they have found?? And if you do know any can you tell me about them? I can use a good laugh. That being said, Eeyore is found and he was in the last place I would have expected to find him. Any guesses??? I'm sure you may get a guess that is close but if you are like me then you didn't quite expect it.

About 3 Christmas's ago, my mother-in-law bought me some wing back chairs that I had been wanting. Then we both set out to reupholster a few chairs. Well, it took us until May to finally finish our project. Mainly because we would watch movies while we were working and always ended up more into the movie than our work. That and taking staples out is very time consuming. Any how, I'm sure you can see where this is going. I had already checked as far as I could reaching into the crevices of the chair when I was looking for Eeyore. Truthfully, I HATE reaching my hand into spaces that I cannot see. I just think of the movie Roman Holiday, when Gregory Peck's character tells Audrey Hepburn's character to reach into the "Mouth of Truth". If you have not seen this movie you have no idea what I'm talking about. But the movie is classic.

Well my previous searches into the couch and chair crevices revealed nothing. I was laying on the floor in the living room reading books about Winnie the Pooh and friends. I had just finished saying "Man, I really wish I could find where Eeyore is." And My husband agreed I look back and notices the lining on the bottom of the chair was sagging. I reached over to lift it with my hand and felt the familiar shape of Eeyore. I laughed and told my hubby that I found Eeyore. There was a short rejoicing by both my daughter and I and we returned Eeyore to his place on the piano.

Even as I type she is sitting with the piano on her lap playing. Her toy is now whole and very entertaining after a week of Eeyore missing. All is well in her world.

0 Awesome Reactions: