Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wednesday French Inspiration: Choosing Between the Good


There is beauty all around when there's pastries to eat.
 (What? Don't tell me you don't agree?)

From doors of the Parisian boulangeries, mouthwatering smells fill the air.  One is helpless to resist the heavenly scents.  Upon enter the shop, the charm and beauty of each pastry must be properly adored.  Getting lost in the beauty of each handmade creation, it is easy to forget that you must make a choice.  Oh but how can one choose?

There are so many front running candidates to be devoured and only so many euros.  This new found heaven  mocks you.  You want some of everything.  With every breath you fall deeper under the spell the spun by the artisans.  There are just too many good things, and you know you just cannot have it all.

When surrounded by so much good it is hard to choose.  Life would be easy if every choice were black or white, but shades of gray cloud up our decisions.  Sometimes it is left to us to decided from the good, better and the best.  Whether it is choosing a pastry or which chore to check off of our to-do list, life is full of tough choices. 

How do you choose between the good in your life?

8 Awesome Reactions:

Kristina P. said...

I try to just take a little of it all.

Anonymous said...

That looks so yummerton. Trust the french to know how to make food pretty and delicious.

Melanie Jacobson said...

I like the talk (I think maybe it was Elder Oaks?) about good, better, and best.

Lara Neves said...

This is something I really struggle with in many aspects of my life. I really think I can do it all, have it all and be it all.

Nope.

And I'm having a crisis lately of how to figure out what is best.

Awesome analogy.

amber_mtmc said...

I wish I knew how to choose between the good. I guess, when it comes down to it, I tend to choose what is best in the eternal scheme of things. Whatever that is. ; )

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Hey, Amber! Wow, I love pastries. That's one of my favs things to buy at the grocery store. *Grin*

I guess not indulging in something good, because a virtue overdone becomes a vice, right? ;)

Guess what? You have an award!

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Hi, beautiful!

Boy, I've really missed ya. Sorry for not visiting your blog as often as I'd like. I feel swept away in the ocean of wants and needs and good. ;)

Well, to answer your question, I do it prayerfully. It isn't always easy because the choices can be complicated and wrought with complications.

Ugh.

Life is such a constant battle of choices and then they are split into further choices.

Thanks for making me think. Miss ya!

~Elizabeth :)

Heather Bolyard said...

I struggle with that too, but what it boils down to is choices. You just have to make up your mind and live with the decision. . . besides, how can you go wrong with pastries?
Love you. Don't you think it is about time for an update on your blog?