Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wednesday French Inspiration



(The link takes you to previous post about Premiere Classe)

Today my thoughts are on expectations.  It is very hard for things to live up to our high expectations.  So why do we set them so high?    Are high expectations a good thing or a bad?  I think it can be both.  Sometimes our expectations get in our way and sometimes they push us to try harder.

I can recall experiences from my past in which my parents' high expectations kept me from making poor choices.  But I have also experienced times when I knew that I could never reach my  high expectations and instead of doing my best I felt paralyzed by the realization that I would most definitely fail.  There have also been times when my high expectations have kept me from enjoying the journey.

What are you thoughts on high expectations?

You can check out my Friday Post on Mormon Mommy Writers about my muse.

Come back tomorrow for my interview with Michele Ash Bell about a her newly released book
Summer in Paris.
You won't want to miss it.

4 Awesome Reactions:

Kristina P. said...

I think there needs to be a balance. We need to have reasonable expectations.

Hey, have you determined when the lunch will be? I literally have something going every single Saturday for the next 6 weeks, so I am trying to plan out my schedule.

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

oh cant wait for tomorrow! :)

Crystal Cook said...

I think you nailed it! It really can go both ways, set them too high, paralyzed. Set them too low, and never reach your dreams!

I guess I tend to start with expectations that are fairly reasonable. Then move up from there as I gain confidence in what I can do. I hate that paralyzing feeling!

I saw you won that Spells ARC, awesome!!

Carolyn V. said...

I agree with the expectations. Sometimes if I expect too much, I'm disappointed if it doesn't go the way I thought it would - but when it does go the right way...woo hoo! =)