Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wednesday French Inspiration






Les raboteurs de parquet (The Floor Planers)



In the collections of the Musée d'Orsay, you can see the art of many great artists.  Pictured above is the work of Gustave Caillebotte.  As I was wondering through the many collections, I found Hubby admiring this painting.  I have to admit; at first sight, I did not have a connection to this work.  However, I have grown to love it the more I look at it.


The skill with which Caillebotte paints is undeniable, but the thing that I love the most is the content.  I love the depiction of hard work.  I can relate to that.  As I labor to decorate my new home, I feel slightly burnt out.  I can see all the work ahead of me. 


So if I have been missing in action these past few months, I hope you will understand that I have been hard at work.  I do have plans to share pictures, as well as some of my writing projects with you hopefully after the new year.  Or sooner if I get a new camera. (My old camera had an unfortunate fall in Texas last month.)

Are the holiday's making it hard for you to keep up, or am I the only one? 


0 Awesome Reactions: