Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday French Inspiration



A few Wednesday's ago I told you about the lovely metro ladies who decided that Uncle didn't need his wallet.  After a quick trip to the apartment to cancel debit cards, our group went back out to see Sacre Couer

To expand the amount of sites we would see Hubby decided to get off the metro at the bottom of Montmarte,  at the Pigalle metro stop.  This is the nightclub and redlight district-- the home of the Moulin Rouge.    I actually saw the lights of the red windmill (this is what Moulin Rouge means).  I was going to go take a picture, but I had higher places to go to.  I find it interesting that the lowest part of the area is covered with clubs, and upon the summit is a Basilique.

In the mid-1800 Monmarte became the principal artistic center of Paris.   The picture above is a plaza that artists still gather.  They draw portraits, or just sit high in the sit and are inspired by the beauty below.  But what I love about that plaza is how the artist gather together.  I love that community of talent sharing and supporting one another.

Blogging has become my plaza in Monmarte-- a place were I have met many types of artist.  All of you have provided support and community.  But also a place to share with others a small portion of my talents and thoughts.  I am certain that the artists in the plaza are always encouraged when they are praised.  They are there because they love what they do.  And when you love something it is hard to keep to yourself.


What is your Monmarte plaza?





0 Awesome Reactions: